For Server Backup 5.2.x and later, you must upgrade the components in the following order or your backups may fail:
You may be informed by email when a new version of software is released. New versions are improved by bug fixes and new/reworked functionality. All enhancements made to the product are documented in the Release Notes. Release Notes usually contain a brief summary of recent changes, enhancements, and bug fixes in a particular software release.
First, obtain the latest version of the Server Backup Manager installer. Then access the computer on which the current version of the Backup Agent is installed. You must already have a PC running Windows Backup Agent 5.x or a later version.
While upgrading, the following information may be useful:
- To upgrade the Server Backup Agent, you do not need to uninstall the previous version.
- It is recommended that you close all other applications before starting Setup. This will make it possible to update relevant system files without having to reboot your computer.
To upgrade the Windows Backup Agent to the latest version:
- Log on to the Windows server as a member of the local Administrators group.
- Navigate to the directory where you saved the Server Backup Manager installation file. The installer will have the following attributes:
- For a 32-bit system, use the file - ServerBackup-Windows-Agent-x86.msi
- For a 64-bit system, use the file - ServerBackup-Windows-Agent-x64.msi
- Double-click or right-click and select "Install" to execute the installer.
A Full Block Scan will be initiated on the next backup after a Backup Agent upgrade due to a restart of the Agent service/daemon. This ensures that backups are consistent.